Two of the first homes build to passive specification for sale in Cumbria.
One now reserved with only plot 2 remaining.
The below video content displays the now sold plot 1 but demonstrates our first completed home in Limebeck Close. Plot 2 sits on a slightly more generous site, providing landscaped lawned and patio areas to both front and rear of the property whilst offering alternative views, and sunny or shaded positions to enjoy. Parking for a minimum of three vehicles, plus visitor parking provided off the private road.
Carlisle Estates are delighted to produce two of the first eco-friendly, passive specification houses available to buy in Cumbria! These two highly energy-efficient & unique detached properties in the highly sought after village of Scotby near Carlisle will be built with a private entrance and road, with views over open fields and distant fells.
The style of these high quality and energy-efficient properties are new to the Cumbrian market, with the level of quality, space, unique design & energy rating efficiencies far exceeding typical new-build homes. Carlisle Estates have made significant commitments to achieving exceptional cost-effective and comfortable homes in Cumbria.
Luxury open plan living to the highest eco-standards available.
Set across two floors, both homes will feature 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and the highest quality finishes with German kitchens, featuring luxury branded appliances and Quartz worktops. Limebeck Close provides luxury living but with the best environmentally friendly passive specification ratings available today. Both houses feature double height hallway and living room ceilings for that added wow factor.
Additional landscaping to the site will add to the mature aspect which already exists creating a modern country setting whilst positioned in the picturesque village of Scotby in Carlisle, with a primary school, Post Office, village shop, a recently fully refurbished traditional Country pub and only one mile from the nearest M6 junction, with Tesco just minutes away makes for very accessible living.
What is Passive Specification?
Passive Specification is the world’s leading energy efficiency standards and a construction concept made to build comfortable, environmentally friendly and affordable homes for the future.
The houses, design by Blackbox Architects in Carlisle, use orientation and simple “passive” design – using sunshine, shade, ventilation and building materials – to avoid the need for fossil fuels for traditional central heating and hot water production. The only technical input being solar roof panels linked to the electrical circuits for hot water storage and air source heat pumps to feed the underfloor heating system. The house uses simple solar gain and external thermal insulation to retain heat all year round with solid wall construction and no cavities or cold spots. By only using the highest levels of insulation, airtightness and building materials, a passive specification house can use up to 90% less energy than a standard home.
Internal air is circulated through filters and mixed with fresh air to help maintain a steady temperature even in the middle of winter, and to assist with cooling in summer. The electricity supply to each house will be through a supplier linked to the new green register for clean electricity production too.
Limebeck Close’s passive specification houses will offer a superior indoor comfort experience thanks to the consistent temperatures and good quality airflow. They also have the added benefit of reducing both external and internal noise due to the high levels of insulation and triple-glazed windows. These new luxury homes will have the most efficient performance standard available in today’s market.
The two properties for sale will feature the following specifications :
- A generous 2400 Sqr feet of living space (plus Garage).
- Energy Efficiency rating ‘A 98’ (to be Certified on build completion).
- Large lounge with significant full height glazing and sliding doors to garden.
- Three bathrooms with tiled flooring and walls.
- Luxury master bedroom with dressing area & en-suite.
- Garage including electric car charger. Garage to include sectional insulated electric door providing secure storage.
- Multi ‘fuel’ stove
- Hardwood Floors
- German quality kitchen and utility, with integrated appliances with single oven & microwave, induction Hob, under worktop sink, hot water tap, full length fridge freezer, discreet extractor, stylish single lever tap, Dishwasher & Quartz solid worktops.
- Luxury main bathroom with freestanding bath and separate double shower.
- An en-suite ground floor double shower room.
- Bespoke Scandinavian Rationel triple glazed full height windows and doors.
- Zinc roofing, gutters & downspouts ( with a 60+ year life span).
- Mitsubishi air source heat pump.
- Room to room air recirculating system.
- Solar roof panels.
- Underfloor heating across the ground floor, towel radiators in the bathrooms & radiators on 1st floor.
- Finished in crisp off white render, Siberian Larch detailing and contrasting full height aluminium framed wooden triple glazed windows.
- Feature glazed staircase with open landing looking onto the hallway and living area.
- Ground floor fourth bedroom or alternative dependent room/home office with double shower room access.
- Landscaped gardens and communal areas, including fencing & walls
- Block pave drive ways and visitor parking
- 6 Year RIBA Architects Guarantee